Monday, February 22, 2010

28 Weeks

Hello, third trimester!
Yeah, so I didn't blog for week 27 and really, I had tons of time. I just felt so drained last week for some reason. Mike was really sick two weeks ago, so I'm thinking that my body may have been fighting off whatever he had. Trust me, I'll take exhaustion over that nasty bug... So, anyway, I watched a lot of movies, hung out with Rosey, napped and made it out of the house a few times. And that about covers everything. :)

Maternity clothes? I got a nursing bra last week and it is my favorite article of clothing right now. I didn't want to buy a maternity bra that wouldn't be useful during breastfeeding, so I went ahead and got a really good, Bravado nursing bra and it's amazing. I'm really comfortable for the first time in months!

Sleep: I have been falling asleep pretty well when I first go to bed, but I am still staying awake in the middle of the night for quite a while after I go to the bathroom.

Best moment this week: We have had a really nice couple of weeks! We've seen a lot of friends and have also had some really nice evenings at home. But I guess in terms of the pregnancy, we have had a blast watching my belly move. You can see her movements from across the room now and when she's really active, it's hard for us not to just sit and watch my belly.

Movement: Getting stronger by the minute

Gender: Girl!

Birthing Signs: Thankfully, none. I have, however, had a few Braxton Hicks "pre-birthing waves"

Stretch Marks? Yep, but only on my b.oobs. Hopefully they will stop there, however, I will happily take them if it means our little one is thriving.

Belly Button in or out? In.

Cravings/Aversions: Not really.

What I am looking forward to: Spring time! It was in the 60's yesterday and I was in heaven. I can't wait for leaves on the trees, a warmness to the breeze and being closer to meeting Lydie.

What I miss: hand-eye coordination. I have been so clumsy throughout the past month that it's just plain ridiculous.

Weekly Wisdom: If you feel like you really need something to be more comfortable during your pregnancy, go out and just get it. I should never have waited so long on the new bra.

Milestones: THIRD TRIMESTER!

And just for fun, here's a little preview of what will be in the nursery. I'm going to wait to post pictures of it put together until it's finished, but here are some of the elements:

3 comments:

Holly said...

UMMMMMMM!!! Look how cute you look! Miss Lydie is already a looker! I am sooo excited about the nursery too! I cannot wait to see the finished product!! The bravado nursing bra is the best one ever invented! I LOVE MINE!!

Missy said...

Love that tree print on the wall! Where did you get that?? And thanks for the update...I'd been waiting :) You look great!!

Hillary said...

Thanks Missy! We got the print at a cute little store called Camerons. I'll have to take you there--I think you'll like it. :)