Thursday, February 4, 2010

25 Weeks


Maternity clothes? We are going shopping this weekend for the full panel maternity pants that I mentioned last week. The elastic waisted ones really just aren't cutting it, and if I put lotion on after I get out of the shower, it takes me 5 minutes to pull them up. Yes, the time has come for bigger clothes.

Sleep: This past week was actually pretty decent. I still wake up a lot but I've had an easier time falling back asleep. I think my new configuration of pillows is helping. Two under my head and upper body and one between my knees.

Best moment this week: On Sunday, we took Rosey on a walk around our snowy neighborhood. The sun was shining and glimmering off the snow and many of our neighbors were out and about. As we walked and watched families zip past us on sleds, we talked about how much fun we were going to have with Lydia in the coming years. It was just one of those times you know you will remember forever.

We also played a really fun game of Monopoly while we were snowed in. I forgot how much fun that game is... even though I got schooled by my hubby. (Rent is $1400 when you have 3 houses on Boardwalk-- it's the equivalent of Monopoly Check Mate. It just takes 3 hours longer to wither away.)

Movement: Oh. My. Goodness. I had no idea that unborn babies could practice martial arts. There are times that it's shocking to me. (And I absolutely love it.)

Gender: We are starting two savings accounts with our tax refund. A college savings account. And a wedding savings account.

Birthing Signs: Thankfully, none.

You'll notice here that I have changed the question from "Labor Signs" to "Birthing Signs." This is because when you practice Hypnobabies, you avoid using certain words that are commonly associated with birthing because of their potentially negative subconscious associations. So, from now on, you'll hear me say birthing instead of labor, pressure wave instead of contraction, discomfort instead of pain, and I'll ask you to save any negative birthing stories for after Lydia is here. This aspect of Hypnobabies is simply about creating positive thoughts leading up to her birth day and releasing fear and tension.

I absolutely realize and respect that this isn't for everyone, but Mike and I are all about it and would love your support as the big day approaches.

Stretch Marks? Not yet. Yet being the operative word.

Belly Button in or out? In. But, I'm telling you, people, it's on its way out.

Cravings/Aversions: Brownies. Blueberries. Cereal. Soup. Good.
Red meat. Yogurt. Bad.

What I am looking forward to: Holding my precious baby in my arms and kissing her little cheeks. The reality of her arrival is really starting to sink in and I AM SOOOO EXCITED!

What I miss: I miss bodily comfort at the end of a long day. Hell, I miss it at the end of an easy day at this point. My lower back is definitely feeling the effects of carrying this baby.

Weekly Wisdom: Take it easy and put your feet up at the end of the day.

Milestones: We finished cleaning out and reorganizing our house to set up the nursery and it feels so, so good. I can literally feel my sanity returning. When my stuff isn't organized, it makes my brain feel disorganized too and that makes it hard for me to get anything else done. Hooray for the snow storm induced motivation!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I absolutely love the pictures! Lydia is so cute already!!! I think it is great that you love the hypno-birthing method. I wish that I had looked more into it with Lawson although I was so lucky to have such a wonderful delivery!! I know that you will do AWESOME! We cannot wait to meet Lydia and in two years...take the kiddos to see the big mouse! LOVE YOU!

Shannon said...

On the sleep issue... The thing that saved my life was one of those full-length body pillows that you can curl around yourself. I used it to support my bellow and also between the knees to take pressure off. Best thing ever!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.