Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Big Three Oh! (30 Weeks)

Maternity clothes? Okay, I bought the pink sun dress in this picture sometime back in the fall, counting on the fact that I would love it in the spring when I was big and it was warm. So happy I did that. I wish I had bought more summer clearance last fall...

Sleep: Amazing. Hoping this trend continues.

Best moment this week: One of the best things we got accomplished this week was meeting our pediatrician. She sat down with us for 45 minutes on Saturday morning and we feel great about bringing Lydia to her. I am really relieved to have that checked off the to-do list.

Mike's uncle Frank came over later that morning and helped us get some projects completed. It was really fun to spend some time with him and get some great things done around here. We got a new toilet, new electrical switches in our bathrooms, fixed the doors to the nursery and back porch, fixed the sagging kitchen counter, installed a fan in the nursery and some other little things.

But I have to say that my very favorite moment this week was Friday night. Mike took me out on a much needed date. We had a leisurely dinner, walked around outside for a while and then went to see Alice in Wonderland. Then we walked back to the restaurant, got dessert to go and ate it at home in our PJs. It was a night that I know I will look back at and smile when we are spending all of our time getting to know our daughter.

Movement: I'm starting to get better at figuring out how she is situated and what part of her is moving. It's really fun now that she is getting so big!

Gender: Girl!

Birthing Signs: Thankfully, none.

Stretch Marks? Still none on the belly.

Belly Button in or out? In.

Cravings/Aversions: Ice cream and avocados are on the good list. The red meat aversion is slowly going away, I think.

What I am looking forward to: Mike's work shower in two weeks and my baby shower at the end of the month!

What I miss: Having one chin. :) ))

Weekly Wisdom: Every time I check something off of the To-Do Before Baby List, I feel more confident and more excited about her arrival.

Milestones: We finished up our birthing classes on Sunday. The "birth rehearsal" turned out to be really helpful. We walked through the different stages of birthing, practicing how long birthing waves will last and how far apart they will be. In each stage we practiced different positions that might be comfortable and there was a doula present with even more recommendations, like how to get things moving again if they slow down. We created a plan for leaving the house and traveling to the Birth Center and Mike learned about how to support me with counter pressure, masasge and relaxation cues. We also visualized the actual birth and practiced pushing positions. It was very empowering and fun. I am so excited for Birthday!

1 comment:

K said...

That pink dress is beautiful. I saw several maternity sundresses at the thrift shop across the street from you, if you're interested.

I love it when you post. :o) love, K